(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

May 19, 2005

Work Shmork

Whale / Image Hosted by ImageShack.usObviouly, working all the time makes me tired. It's not that I work all the time; it's just that a significant portion of my day is spent getting ready for work, gearing up for work, getting to work, working, running errands during lunch and after work, getting home from work, coming down from work, that suddenly my body decides that enough is enough already and I realise as I'm climbing into bed that I have accomplished nothing but work and work-related details.

It's as if I had been swallowed by a giant whale and I'm crouched on its tongue, staring out its blowhole, trying to catch a glimpse the outside world.